Monday 30 September 2013

GREEK SEA BASS FILLETS WITH OLIVES & LEMON

After my extremely piggy lunch I knew supper had to be something healthy and low cal. My jeans had already started bursting at the seams the moment I left Byron & it was too early for my elasticated trackie bums as I still needed to do the school run.

I decided to do a recipe card of Greek sea bass fillets with olives & lemon, some new potatoes and roasted vegetables. I have cooked this several times before, it is quick and easy & very tasty, however you do need to burn a candle and open the windows while cooking as frying the fish seriously makes your house stink!!

Ingredients for 2 people:

4 Greek sea bass fillets around 90-100g each (I don't think it has to be Greek if you can't find it & I am sure another white fish like sea bream would also do the job)
3 tablespoons of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, thinly sliced
25g pine nuts
12 green olives stuffed with pimiento
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons of dried oregano or 10g chopped fresh oregano


Turn the oven on to around 100C and pop in a dish or baking tray to keep warm.

Season the sea bass with salt and pepper. Then heat a couple of tablespoons of the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan & add the fish skin side down for 2-3 minutes. I had left Pascal in charge of pouring the olive and he completely overdid it so we were practically deep fat frying our fish!! Whoops. Thankfully it didn't ruin in the dish. After a few minutes (when the skin is crisp & golden brown) turn over & cook the other side for a couple more minutes until the flesh is opaque & cooked through.

Remove the fish from the pan and pop it in the preheated baking tray & oven.

Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and cook the garlic and pine nuts for 1 minute (these brown quickly so keep your eye on them) and then add the olives and saute for a further minute.

Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the lemon juice - let it bubble & sprinkle in the oregano.

Finally take the fish out from the oven, spoon over the sauce and serve with roasted vegetables and new potatoes.


As always Pascal was extremely negative about having fish for supper - complaining it wasn't filling or satisfying!! In fact we all enjoyed it, especially Arabella who has requested to have it again soon. 

We have come to the deal that every week I will choose a fish recipe & Pascal & Arabella can decide on a pasta dish....tomorrow we are killing two birds with one stone & having tuna pasta!! 

This recipe is around 450 calories and takes 5 minutes to prepare & 7 to actually cook - a perfectly healthy week night supper!



5 comments:

  1. Hi just started this diet this morning. Work shifts just hope I can sick to it. Got just over 2 stone to lose, so hope this gives me the kick start I need x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck - just think it is only a week and drink lots of herbal tea and water to keep hunger at bay x

      Delete
  2. The dry toast does it need to be brown bread?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive just finished day 5 haven't weighed yet waiting till I've finished. Found it a bit hard craved carbs! But could always see the end I feel thinner so I'm hoping I've done ok! I need to lose 2 stone but will wait a week or so before I do ill keep everyone posted

    ReplyDelete