Wednesday 18 September 2013

SALMON WRAPS WITH GOATS CHEESE & PALMA HAM

After a very heavy birthday weekend, I am back on the fish and soup this week. Not sure how long it will last but I need to make an effort as my jeans are bursting at the seams. I know I should be doing a "Posh" and having white fish and steamed vegetables but I can't bring myself to be that dull so instead made salmon Wraps. 

This is another really simple, quick recipe and absolutely delicious - it works for all the family and is delicious served with a side like green salad or rice or veg (I did peas this time) and new potatoes. I rarely cook potatoes as I only really like fries or dauphinois so will generally forget to mention them as an accompaniment but according to my fiance they go very well with this dish!

Ingredients for 4 people:

4 salmon fillets (about 150g each roughly)
olive oil
100g goat's cheese
A few basil leaves
4 slices of Palma ham



Firstly pre-heat the oven to 200C (fan), 220, gas mark 7 and lightly oil the baking tray.

Lay the slices of Palma ham on a chopping board or in the tray and place the salmon fillets on top. Then place a chunk of goat's cheese and a couple of basil leaves on top.



Finally fold up the ham & put the salmon wraps in the oven to roast for 10-15 minutes (I did 15 tonight and it was perfect).


Another really good recipe - you can easily make the wraps before to save time and they are perfect for a lunch or supper. 

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment