Thursday 5 June 2014

SALMON WITH FETA & PESTO

I thought I would take advantage of Pascal being away and cook fish for Arabella and I tonight (after the last fish recipe I have given up cooking fish for Pascal)! I scanned my recipe books for something new but then found this on pinterest and knew it would be a winner. Arabella and I both adore salmon, pesto and feta! It is a really quick recipe which is great but you need to be organised and we were late back from ballet and for once I was wishing I could just sling a pizza in the oven and be done with it, however it was worth it in the end.

Ingredients for 2 people:

2 salmon fillets (mine were 120g each)
125ml chicken or vegetable stock
125ml white wine
1 garlic clove, sliced
2 tbsp pesto (fresh is best)
50g feta cheese, crumbled


Firstly boil the kettle to make up the chicken/vegetable stock (125ml) and then add the white wine.


Slice the garlic and crumble the cheese.


Pour the chicken stock into a two inch deep saucepan which has a tight fitting lid and bring to a gentle boil. Then add the two salmon fillets, cover with garlic and simmer with the lid on for 7 minutes. You can see by the colour when it is done and also it will flake when you press the flesh with a fork.


Remove the fish from the pan immediately and discard the garlic.

Finally top with the pesto, then feta and serve immediately. I had mine with a rocket salad and Arabella had hers with peas.



This was a brilliant recipe and I think is my new favourite. Super quick and extremely tasty - I could have eaten two portions! Arabella gobbled hers down and I didn't even have to nag her to hurry up which is a very rare occurrence. Between us there wasn't a crumb left. 

Try this - you won't be disappointed!!



No comments:

Post a Comment