Saturday 19 July 2014

MOOD BEACH CLUB, MALLORCA

Sorry for the radio silence but I have been on holiday to Mallorca with Pascal - it was blissful - a week of sunbathing, swimming, reading, eating and drinking…..literally all my favourite things!! Like last year we stayed at the Hotel Melia de Mar which I would really recommend if you are looking for a holiday without kiddies (no under 16s allowed)!

We only booked the holiday the night before we went so I was pretty stuffed re restaurants - normally I make reservations a month before….not the case here and when I tried to book Flanigans I was told they were completely and utterly fully booked. We therefore ended up going to Mood Beach & Restaurant which I knew nothing about (I didn't even have time to look up the menu online) but it ended up being the perfect location.

The restaurant is perched on the cliff edge with phenomenal views of the sea, there is a lot of white, very helpful staff, great music, and then huge sun beds and a swimming pool for day time.

We started with a drink - a g&t for me and a Ricard for Pascal much to his delight! 



The menu was full of goodies - a combination of English and Spanish and lots of pasta, fish and steaks and even "Lean" options which we ignored!!!

We started with prawns in garlic, Iberian ham and mushroom montadito (scrambled eggs scented with truffle oil and wild mushrooms on Mallorcan bread).



The prawns were big and juicy, the ham full of flavour but my favourite were the scrambled eggs and mushrooms - I will definitely be recreating this at home.

For mains we went for one of their specials - sea bass in salt which is a favourite of non fish eater Pascal! It really was fantastic. Served with vegetables and potatoes and a hot butter sauce and crispy onions.





I need to stop ordering burgers and start ordering fish more often - it was so fresh and tasty plus after I finished I didn't feel like I was going to explode!!

Obviously there was room for a digestive - an amaretto for me and god knows what for Pascal!!


As I said, a great meal in a beautiful setting with brilliant, attentive staff….we will definitely be back here - it is perfect for a romantic meal or for fun with a group of friends.

Mood Beach & Restaurant

Ctra Palma-Andrtx km 11,
Costa D'en Blanes,
Calvia 07181,
Mallorca,
Islas Baleares,
Spain

Tel: (+34) 971 676 456
Email: info@moodbeach.com

No comments:

Post a Comment