Thursday 29 January 2015

PEPPERED LAMB STEAKS WITH PESTO & GOAT'S CHEESE

Arabella is a goat's cheese fanatic - she loves the stuff and could literally eat an entire pack in one go. I love goat's cheese but she takes the love to a whole new level!! Therefore I thought I needed to increase my goat's cheese recipe repertoire! We regularly cook roasted tomato and goat's cheese tarts or smoked salmon and goat's cheese risotto (recipe to follow soon) or salmon wraps with goat's cheese and palma ham but now it was time to include some meat.

This recipe is super easy and quick - you could make the pesto yourself however I just bought fresh pesto from the supermarket.

Ingredients for 2 people:

2 lamb steaks
2 tbsp of fresh pesto
75g of Capricorn English goat's cheese
Black pepper
Salad to serve (you could use couscous or quinoa but like always I am saving my calories for chocolate)!



Turn the grill on to a high heat and pepper the lamb steaks on one side.


Grill the steaks for 5 minutes on each side until they are nicely browned but still a little pink in the middle (I cut into them and checked them a couple of times).



Cut the goat's cheese so you have 2 big chunky slices and place a slice on the peppered side of each steak.



Put them back under the grill for a couple of minutes until they have melted and browned slightly.



Finally serve with a big dollop of pesto and tuck in.



I cannot believe I have not cooked this before as it is so easy and delicious - it is literally Arabella and my ideal recipe. We both cleaned our plates in a matter of minutes and have already discussed cooking it again next week. 

Guess what Arabella had for pudding?? More goat's cheese…..like mother like daughter…..a cheese obsessive!

No comments:

Post a Comment