Sunday 22 February 2015

MANUKA KITCHEN, FULHAM ROAD

I finally went to see Fifty Shades of Grey at the cinema last night - despite all the bad reviews I think it was quite well done plus I loved the music…..I don't think I have bought a movie soundtrack album since Romeo and Juliet circa 1996…..but I will be buying one again!

Anyway my gorgeous friend Ceri and I managed to bypass all the cinema sweets and treats so we could go out for supper after and I booked us a table at Manuka Kitchen on Fulham road by Fulham Broadway. I have wanted to go here for a very long time - the restaurant looks extremely unassuming from the outside however I remember the Sunday Times giving it a great review last year plus it is always busy.

The bistro serves modern European cuisine with premium handpicked wines. All ingredients are of the highest quality and the bistro was set up by two best friends who worked together previously at the Gore Hotel.

The menu was full of delights…thankfully we were both starving.

I started with the heirloom carrots, red quinoa, ash rolled goat's cheese and pine nuts.


This was delicious - I obviously loved the goat's cheese and all the flavours went so well together plus it all tasted incredibly fresh.

Ceri was also suitably impressed with her starter of manuka honey and lemongrass cured salmon.


Both were very prettily presented.

I was tempted to have steak for mains but when Ceri said she was having the fish, I had to have the same otherwise I would have serious food envy! It was the day's special of sea bass with truffle mash, chanterelle mushrooms and walnut pesto. It was excellent - I loved the crispy skin of the fish and the truffle mash was perfect.


We also shared a side of green beans with sesame oil and spring onions. Also very good - they had a real bite to them which I like.


As the meal had been so good so far, we decided we had to have pudding as well (plus I did miss out on the Ben and Jerry's at the cinema)!

Being a chocolate fanatic I ordered the peanut butter, chocolate and pretzel tart.


This was very chocolatey but absolutely divine and the peanut butter ice cream was so smooth and creamy - an excellent pudding.

Ceri had manuka honey and saffron brûlée - this was so light and perfectly sweet.


An extremely pleasant meal - I definitely will come back - I am keen to try brunch there too. Service is quick and efficient and there is a buzzy atmosphere however it is noisy and the tables are close together so I am not sure Pascal would be a fan on a Saturday night. They do serve a very reasonably priced set menu for lunch or early supper so I might bring him for that…..there is still so much on the menu I want to try!!! Manuka Kitchen may look quite modest but it is in fact a hidden gem.

Manuka Kitchen

510 Fulham Road
London
SW6 5NJ
Tel: 020 7736 7588

Square Meal
Manuka Kitchen on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment