Wednesday 25 March 2015

FISH FINGER DOORSTEP SANDWICH

I was planning on cooking cod with lentils and chorizo but then Arabella turned her nose up. Therefore I decided to do something more "relaxed" seeing as it is nearly holiday time and Arabella chose this recipe. I never cook Arabella fish fingers, even though she loves them, as I think they are too processed but I was pleased to see Waitrose sold a healthier, more natural version. I liked the look of this recipe as I used to love a fillet-o-fish at McDonald's and this seemed pretty similar - I was gutted I forgot to buy cheese slices though but probably better for me!!

Ingredients for 2 people:

6-8 fish fingers depending on the size
2 tsp capers
4 cornichons, finely chopped
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 lemon, zested and a squeeze of juice
4 thick slices of good bread
Butter
A few lettuce leaves



Cook the fish fingers according to the packet instructions - mine took 15 minutes in the oven. Once they are cooked leave them to cool a little.


In a bowl mix the capers and cornichons with the mayonnaise.


Stir in the lemon zest, a squeeze of juice and season.



Slice the bread and then butter it - my butter was too hard to spread! Lay some lettuce leaves on one slice.


Then add the fish fingers and the mayo mix and make the sandwich.





This was so much better than I expected. I never make sandwiches so it was a real treat and the homemade tartar sauce was absolutely delicious. As I said earlier I would be tempted to add a slice of cheese although that is probably because I am a cheese addict. Plus I need to learn to slice bread better….my penultimate picture says it all! This was a great alternative to our normal suppers and I will definitely try it again. Arabella loved it although she found the thick bread a struggle to fit in her tiny mouth…thinner slices for her next time!

Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment