Friday 18 September 2015

BACON & ONION FRITTATA

As I mentioned in a previous post, I am really uninspired by my cooking at the moment - Arabella complains about tummy aches a lot and I wonder whether she has an allergy to gluten - therefore I am trying to cook more protein based meals. I am not convinced that the stomach aches aren't just an attention thing…..she never has a problem when she is watching TV and eating sweets! Anyway here is an egg based recipe I cut out from a magazine, it took about 30 minutes to cook.

Ingredients for 4 people:

250g lardons
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
3 spring onions, sliced
8 eggs
2 handfuls of grated Parmesan
1 small handful of tarragon, chopped


Preheat the oven to 180 C / gas mark 4.

Add a drizzle of olive oil to a large oven proof frying pan and fry the bacon, spring onions and pepper for around 7 minutes.



Meanwhile beat the eggs and stir in the Parmesan and tarragon. Season and then add to the pan.




Cook for a few minutes until the bottom is set and then bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden and set.


Cut into quarters and serve - we had it on its own however it would be delicious with a crisp green salad.



This was way better than I expected - really good flavours. Plus it only needed a few ingredients which is always a winner in my books. If you are a vegetarian, you could substitute the bacon for another veg like mushrooms. Arabella has suggested we mix it up by adding goat's cheese next time and I think it would be a fabulous addition. We will definitely be having this again as it tasted fantastic, it was easy to make and it is protein rather than carbs…a new path I am trying to follow…..for this week anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment