Tuesday 17 November 2015

PORK RAREBIT

I love Welsh rarebit - it was a staple Saturday lunch for us growing up - so I was delighted when I found this recipe for pork rarebit and had to give it a go. Tuesdays are always a rush and I need to cook something quick - this took under 20 minutes so couldn't be more perfect.

Ingredients for 2 people:

2 boneless pork loin steaks or chops, (fat trimmed if you are being healthy)
80g grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp Dijon mustard or 1/2 tsp English mustard
A dash of Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp olive oil

To serve:
180g garden peas



To make the rarebit topping, mix the cheese, mustard and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl and season well.



Put the chops under some cling or a sheet of baking paper and bash until about 1cm thick.



Season the chops and add a tablespoon of oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the chops for 3 minutes on each side. When you flip to the second side, start to preheat the grill. 




Spread the rarebit mix on one side of the pork chop/loin and grill until golden and bubbling. This took 3-4 minutes and I cooked the peas at the same time.




Finally serve with the peas or vegetables of your choice and enjoy.



This was really good - I can always tell a recipe is a success when I do not have to nag Arabella to hurry up and eat - tonight she was even the dinner winner! A really successful meal. We rarely have pork and sometimes I find it quite dry, but the cheese on top is a great, flavoursome addition and this was so quick and easy to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment