Thursday 9 March 2017

ONE POT PASTA WITH GOAT'S CHEESE & SPINACH

A couple of weeks ago I cooked One Pan Puttanesca where you cook the entire pasta dish in one pan - apparently it is all the rage on Pinterest at the moment. I then came across another one pan pasta recipe, and due to my complete lack of time at the moment, I thought I would give it a go. Less washing up time is a huge bonus! It took about 20 minutes in total and was very simple. 

Ingredients for 4 people:

400g of pasta such as penne or elicoidali
8 spring onions, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
300g soft goat's cheese
100g Parmesan, finely grated (plus extra to serve)
1000ml vegetable stock
200g spinach, chopped



Starting with the pasta, put all the ingredients except the spinach and stock in a large pan. Pour over the vegetable stock and season well.



Bring to a simmer and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring now and again, until the pasta is just cooked (taste regularly so you don't overcook the pasta). Stir in the spinach until it wilts and then serve with an extra sprinkling of Parmesan.






This was super easy - which is just what I need right now with a baby and although I will admit it wasn't my favourite dish, it still tasted good and both my husband and daughter loved it and had seconds. Plus as far as pasta dishes go, it is quite healthy with the hefty portion of spinach. We did have left over stock which you could keep as a cheesy soup!

Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment