Saturday 20 May 2017

PRIMAVERA SALAD

I have not been cooking many new recipes recently, instead I have been recycling old ones from my new blog page Under 30 Minute Recipes. However this weekend I wanted to cook something new. My husband and I decided to brave a barbecue as there were glimpses of sunshine in amongst the rain showers! I dug out this salad recipe from an old Olive magazine and it took around 20 minutes to make.

Ingredients for 2 people:

Gallo 3 cereal expresso 250g pouch or something similar (I used an Uncle Ben's wholegrain wild and red rice pouch)
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 clove garlic, crushed
50g asparagus tips
50g peas
50g courgette, sliced (mine was HUGE so I halved it too)
80g goat's cheese, crumbled / cut
A large handful of mint, parsley and basil, chopped



Cook the pouch of rice / grains according to the packet's instructions. Mine took 3 minutes on the hob with two tablespoons of water. Meanwhile crush the garlic, and zest and juice the lemon. Mix all together in a bowl and season.



Blanch the vegetables in boiling water for about 1 minute and then rinse under cold water. Tip into the bowl and mix well.




Add the herbs and goats cheese, toss again and serve.




Not only did this salad look very pretty, it also tasted absolutely delicious. It was really fresh and clean and full of flavour. A perfect recipe for a summer's day....if only summer would start. We served it with steak for Pascal and lamb for me and it complimented both. I always hate buying fresh herbs and then throwing half the packets away, however it was worth it here as they made the recipe.

Nutrition Facts Widget Image

No comments:

Post a Comment